Thursday, February 18, 2010

Once More Unto The Blog, Dear Friends

"Another freakin' blog from this jerk", you ask? Well, yes. I already have a blog about music and a blog about my geekdom, so I figured, why not a blog about everything else? At first I hesitated, since I have enough trouble keeping those other two blogs of mine updated, but then I realized that I think of at least one pet peeve a day to piss-and-moan about, and since this blog doesn't fit any real theme, I shouldn't have a problem packing it with junk that I hope you'll find at least mildly entertaining and/or enlightening.

The title of this blog serves a couple of purposes. You see, in my old-ish age (well ... I've still got a good couple of decades before Social Security kicks in, but I'm old enough to have been in my teens before home computers and VCRs materialized), I find myself looking around and seeing how insane and inane our world is becoming by ever-increasing orders of magnitude, and in more ways than I can count. And because of that, I just plain flat-out need somewhere to vent once in awhile ... hence, this here blog.

So, my "quest for sanity" is both outward (trying to make sense of this sick, twisted little ball of mud we call The World) and inward (hoping to get a cathartic release and maintain my grip on coherent thought), and I hope to accomplish both, little by little, post by post -- trying, of course, to make my rants at least semi-constructive. That's not to say it'll be all negative ... indeed, one of my personal heroes is the late George Carlin, and I'm hoping to inject my opinions with an offbeat humor not unlike his. Furthermore, you should fully expect this blog to venture into the mundane once in awhile, 'cause like everyone else, I too need to jabber aimlessly about random crap every once in awhile.

So, welcome to my world ... fasten your seat belts and enjoy the ride!!

No comments:

Post a Comment