Sunday, November 14, 2010

You Never Know...

Do you want free money from the government? Now, before you think this is some infomercial or Ponzi scheme or something, it actually did happen to me ... honest and for real. Of course, your name does have to be on a special list in order to get the money, plus you may very well have earned the money in some way which would mean that it's techincally not "free" ... but my point is that there just might be money out there for you right now and you just don't know it.

It's really simple to find out, too. All you have to do is go to www.unclaimed.org -- that's the website run by the National Association of Unclaimed Property Administrators. They're an organization that can link you to your state (just click on the map on the homepage), where you can search with your name to find out if there's any money floating around out there that's yours. I did it just on a hunch, and landed myself a paycheck from my previous employer that, somehow, never made it to me after I moved out of state!

Now, a couple months later, I've all-of-a-sudden got enough money that I could get myself a new iPod! At least, that's what I was going to get, but my stereo has finally gone kaput and I need to get myself a new one. But hey, ain't that cool?! It's like getting a birthday or Christmas present from a total stranger! I only wish it hadn't taken me 15 years to get my hands on it. And I'm sure that, even though the government has been pulling down interest on it for all that time, they'll still want to take some more out come tax time ... those greedy so-and-so's.

No comments:

Post a Comment