Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Awkward Family Photos

NOTICE -- I got a heads-up from a friend this morning that his Kaspersky security program was detecting phishing attempts from the following website or, more likely, one of its advertisers. Kaspersky has a history of occasional false-positive triggers on some sites, but sometimes if a site isn't careful enough about choosing its advertisers, it can inadvertently act as a "carrier" of a real phishing attack embedded in one of the rotating banner ads that those sites feed to the host page. He urged me to remove the link to the site, but even though I trust his judgement I'm going to give it the benefit of the doubt. So, I suggest that you PROCEED WITH CAUTION, as you always should while browsing the web. It might not hurt to also close the browser and maybe clear the cache after you've visited the site below, just in case.

And remember, NEVER enter any sort of personal info without first double-checking the URL (web address) that's asking for it, and remember that no reputable business will ever contact its customers by email, text, or phone, asking them to verify their personal info ... you should always call them by the phone number listed on your statement or on the back of your credit/debit card whenever you're in doubt. Surf safely!


Sorry it's been a while (well, if you count one week "a while") since my last post, but I just haven't been struck with inspiration for this blog lately. But, thanks to a friend at work, I've found a completely awesome site I simply have to share with you: Awkward Family Photos (its title says it all -- and a lot more). And, since I've been at a loss for words here lately, and given that a picture is worth a thousand words, then, well ... this works out quite nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment