Friday, March 12, 2010

Wacky Wikis

I was cruising around the Internet the other day, as I am wont to do, and I discovered a very curious fact: there's a wiki out there for just about anything. Granted, few of them have as many pages, or as exhaustive a knowledge base, as the granddaddy of them all, Wikipedia, but it's still somewhat astonishing how much some people know about some things (collectively, I would assume ... at least I would hope that these wikis aren't all assembled by one person each). For instance, did you know that there's a wiki about...

Pop Tarts? Yes, apparently someone thought it useful to assemble a database of information about that uniquely American breakfast food, the Pop Tart. Don't get me wrong, I love me some Pop Tarts, but still, it's not exactly a practical field of knowledge....

Pet Diabetes? I didn't even know there was such a thing. Mind you, I'm not at all making light of pet diabetes any more than human diabetes (there's a history in my own family, in fact), but still ... a curious little field of study indeed.

"South Park"? Actually, this one isn't all that surprising, considering they have wikis for other TV and movie properties like "Star Trek", and probably "Buffy The Vampire Slayer" too. Come to think of it, I might have to bookmark this one...!

Nudism? Aw hell, why not? It's the Internet, after all, and there's room for anything. But really ... how much does anyone have to know about not wearing clothes? Okay, maybe how to exercise caution when using devices with external moving parts that could potentially cause damage to your ... never mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment